Autism & Neurodiversity North Scotland (previously Grampian Autistic Society) is seeking new trustees who will help ensure the sustainability and growth of the charity, which provides support for autistic & neurodivergent individuals of all ages and their families.
What will you be doing?
· As a board member, help the charity to plan to ensure a sustainable future
· Protect the charity’s reputation, money and other assets, ensuring compliance with relevant rules and regulations
· Be a supportive and participatory member of the trustee board
· Build relationships with staff, volunteers and key stakeholders
· Help promote the organisation to key influencers and decision makers
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals with both the passion and energy to support A-ND achieve its vision and live our values. A personal interest in autism and other neurodiverse conditions would be an advantage. Whilst we would like to hear from all those interested in becoming a trustee, particularly welcome are applicants with skills / experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Chairing charity boards or sub-committees
· Financial / commercial
· Fundraising / events management
· Digital / IT
· Strong links to the local business community
What difference will you make?
Autism & Neurodiversity North Scotland (A-ND) is a leading charity in North Scotland specifically focusing on supporting autistic & neurodivergent individuals of all ages and their families. Under the auspices of our dynamic new CEO and with the co-operation of his talented and passionate team, A-ND has ambitious growth plans, outlined in our strategy and 5-year plan. The charity can only thrive and grow with a strong board. Due to relocation and planned retirement of existing board members, we require to recruit additional trustees in the coming months. Your input could make a dramatic difference in moving us forward.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
· You will be involved at the centre of a local charity, making a positive difference to the lives of individuals & families who are greatly in need of our support services
· You will be working with people from diverse backgrounds and be part of a friendly and professional team
· You will be able to gain new skills and build non-executive board experience
· You will be offered relevant training following our regular reviews of trustee training and competence
Who are we?
Autism & Neurodiversity North Scotland (A-ND) was founded in 1987 by a small group of parents and professionals who were concerned for the needs of autistic individuals and their families. It was the first organisation of its kind in the region. Beginning as a support group, A-ND expanded over time and became a parent-run organisation, which was later constituted into a charity. We currently have a staff team of circa. 50 people and provide direct, ongoing support and services to 150 individuals & families. In addition, we provide support groups to over 50 individuals, and support over 400 members through our online support groups.
A-ND Head Office is based in Aberdeen. There are typically 5 scheduled board meetings per year, and these can be attended in person or remotely. Specialist committees support the work of the board, and you will be invited to become a member of a committee relevant to your skills and interests.
If you are interested in being considered, please submit a CV and covering letter to the Board Chair - Margaret Hodder (email@example.com) by Friday 16 September. If you would like an informal discussion to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Margaret by email to arrange.